What is Teams Meetings?
Benefits of Using Teams Meetings
- Increased productivity and collaboration: Teams Meetings allows users to connect with each other easily and quickly, regardless of their location. This can help to improve productivity and collaboration, especially for teams that work remotely.
- Reduced travel costs: Teams Meetings can help to reduce travel costs by eliminating the need for employees to travel to in-person meetings.
- Improved communication and collaboration: Teams Meetings offers a variety of features that can help to improve communication and collaboration, such as chat, file sharing, and screen sharing.
- Increased flexibility: Teams Meetings offers users a great deal of flexibility, such as the ability to join meetings from anywhere and on any device.
How to Add a Teams Meeting in Outlook
- Open Outlook and switch to the calendar view.
- Click New Items > Teams Meeting.
- Enter a subject and location for the meeting.
- Add the invitees to the meeting.
- Click the Options tab and select the desired meeting options, such as whether to record the meeting or require attendees to join with a video.
- Click Send to send the meeting invitation.
- You can also add a Teams meeting to an existing Outlook calendar event. To do this, open the event and click the Teams Meeting button.
- You can also schedule a Teams meeting from the Microsoft Teams app. To do this, click the Calendar icon and then click the New Meeting button.
- If you have a Teams meeting scheduled, you can join it directly from Outlook by clicking the Join button in the meeting invitation.
- Open the event and click the Edit Meeting button.
- Click the Teams Meeting button.
- Select the desired meeting options.
- Click Save and Close.
- Open the meeting invitation in Outlook.
- Click the Join button.
- If you are not already signed into Teams, you will be prompted to sign in.
- Use a headset or earbuds to reduce background noise.
- Find a well-lit and quiet place to join the meeting.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Use the chat feature to share links, documents, and other resources.
- Record the meeting if you need to review it later.
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure that you are signed into Teams with the correct account.
- Restart your computer.
- Contact your IT department for assistance.