Free Note Taking Apps for Windows
List of Note Taking Apps for Windows
1. Microsoft Onenote2. Google Keep3. Simplenote4. Joplin5. Evernote6. Obsidian7. Typora8. Standard Notes9. Zoho Notebooks10. Notepad++11. LibreOffice12. Foam13. Athens14. Cherry Tree15. Inkdrop
- Microsoft OneNote: One of the most popular and versatile free note-taking apps, OneNote offers robust features for note-taking, file organization, and collaboration.
- Google Keep: A user-friendly choice, Google Keep simplifies note creation and sharing, making it effortless to jot down notes, create lists, and attach images.
- Simplenote: If you're looking for a lightweight and straightforward note-taking solution, Simplenote is an excellent choice. It's easy to use and gets the job done efficiently.
- Joplin: This open-source gem is available across various platforms, making it easy to create, edit, and sync notes seamlessly.
- Evernote: Though it has a free plan with limited features, Evernote is a powerful note-taking app for those needing advanced features like tagging, searching, and collaboration.
- Obsidian: Known for its power and customization options, Obsidian is a free and open-source note-taking app designed for users with specific needs.
- Typora: For fans of markdown and a clean, distraction-free interface, Typora offers a simple yet effective note-taking experience focused on writing.
- Standard Notes: If privacy and security are your top priorities, Standard Notes' end-to-end encryption ensures your notes remain confidential.
- Zoho Notebook: Zoho Notebook's feature-rich offering, including tags, notebooks, and collaboration features, makes it a versatile choice for free note-taking.
- Notepad++: While primarily a text editor, Notepad++ can serve as a straightforward note-taking app, perfect for users who prioritize text editing.
- LibreOffice: As part of this free office suite, LibreOffice Writer functions as a robust note-taking app, providing versatility for various note-taking needs.
- Foam: With its support for Markdown and backlinks, Foam is an open-source note-taking app ideal for those focusing on writing and knowledge management.
- Athens: Athens boasts a clean and distraction-free user interface, catering to users who desire a simple and effective note-taking experience centered on writing.
- CherryTree: CherryTree's hierarchical structure and Markdown support make it a powerful, versatile, free note-taking app.
- Inkdrop: For those who appreciate Markdown and a clutter-free interface, Inkdrop offers a straightforward and practical note-taking experience centered on writing.