How to Upload YouTube Shorts from PC: A Step-by-Step Guide
How to Upload YouTube Shorts from PC in 15 Steps.
Step 1: Sign in to Your YouTube Account
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the YouTube website (www.youtube.com).
- Click on the "Sign In" button in the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter your Google account credentials and click "Next" to sign in.
Step 2: Access YouTube Studio
- After signing in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- From the dropdown menu, select "YouTube Studio."
Step 3: Create a New Short Video Post
- In YouTube Studio, locate and click on the "Create" button in the left sidebar.
- Choose "Short video" from the options presented.
Step 4: Upload Your Video
- Click on the "Upload" button.
- Select the video file you want to upload from your PC.
- Allow the video to process. You can add details like the title, description, and visibility settings while the video is processing.
Step 5: Add Title, Description, and Keywords
- In the "Details" tab, provide a catchy title for your YouTube Short. Example: "Quick and Tasty Recipe: 5-Minute Pancakes"
- Write a concise and engaging description. Describe what viewers can expect to see in the video. Example: "Learn how to whip up delicious pancakes in just 5 minutes! This easy recipe is perfect for breakfast on busy mornings."
- Utilize relevant keywords to help your video reach a wider audience. These keywords should reflect the content of your video. Example keywords: quick pancakes, easy breakfast recipe, 5-minute cooking, homemade pancakes, breakfast ideas.
Step 6: Add Hashtags
- In the "More options" tab, find the "Add hashtags" section.
- Include relevant hashtags to improve discoverability. These should be related to the content and theme of your video.
- Example hashtags: #QuickRecipes #BreakfastIdeas #CookingShorts #EasyPancakes
Step 7: Set Video Thumbnail
- Still in the "More options" tab, upload a visually appealing thumbnail that represents your YouTube Short effectively.
- You can use a custom thumbnail or select one from the auto-generated options.
Step 8: Add Music to Your YouTube Shorts
- Once you're in the Short video editor, you'll see a "Music" tab. Click on it.
- You'll be presented with a library of music tracks that you can use in your Short. You can search for specific genres, moods, or themes.
- Preview the available tracks by clicking on the play button next to each one to find the perfect match for your Short.
Step 9: Select a Music Track
- Click on the music track you want to use. This will add music to your Short.
- You can adjust the music track's volume using the slider provided.
Step 10: Trim the Music (Optional)
- If you only want a specific part of the music track to play in your Short, you can trim it.
- Click on the "Trim" button below the music track.
- Drag the handles on the audio waveform to select the portion of the track you want to use.
- Click "Apply" when you're satisfied with the selection.
Step11: Preview Your YouTube Short
- Before finalizing, you can preview how the music fits with your Short.
- Click the "Preview" button to watch your Short with the added music.
Step 13: Choose Visibility Settings
- Decide whether you want your YouTube Short to be public, unlisted, or private.
- Adjust other settings as desired.
Step 14: Save and Publish
- Once you're satisfied with the music and preview, click the "Save" button.
- Add any other necessary details, such as title, description, hashtags, and thumbnail.
- Click the "Publish" button to make your YouTube Short live with the added music.
Step 15: Monitor Performance
- After your YouTube Short is published, you can monitor its performance through YouTube Studio. Keep an eye on views, engagement, and other metrics to gauge its success.